[U-Boot] ARM: PSCI 0.1 vs 0.2

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon Nov 10 14:35:40 CET 2014

On 2014-11-10 14:29, bhupesh.sharma at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi,

>>> 0.2 spec still in review, and nobody was implementing it. Supporting
>>> 0.1 was the only viable use-case.

>>> Supporting both is very easy. Just output the 0.2 function numbers
>>> that actually make sense for 0.1 and have both compatible strings.
>>
>> Ah, cool - parameters and return values of, say, CPU_ON/OFF are
>> compatible across both versions?
>>
>> Jan
>>
>> --
>
> We did send out some ARMv8 PSCI v0.2 u-boot patches, which can be seen here:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/194210

Nice. I guess that could be reused for ARMv7 as well, at least
conceptually. You are using C for some PSCI functions, specifically for
cache flushing? Need to dig deeper...

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE