[U-Boot] porting u-boot, few final questions

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:30:25 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM, DaveKucharczyk
<david.kucharczyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again. I just have a few things left to complete the port and hoping
> someone can help me out.
>
> 1. How come setenv is not working in the board file? I tried setenv in
> different locations of board_early_init_f(), board_init(), board_late_init()
> and checkboard(), but it's not working. Did something change?

Haven't tried it, but if this does not work, then it is a bug that
needs to be fixed. Do you have access to a mx53 qsb board? Does it
work there?

On mx6 we have several boards calling setenv from the board files.

> 2. Can we run a non fdt kernel with new U-Boot? I'm not there yet, but just
> wondering for testing.

Yes, take a look at include/configs/mx53loco.h: we have the variable
boot_fdt, just set it: "setenv boot_fdt no" to boot a non-dt kernel.

> 3.  I don't want to detract from the other two questions, which are more
> important at this time, but nothing in board_late_init() seems to be working
> for me. I do have BOARD_LATE_INIT defined in the config header file. Even a
> printf at the top is not working.

Does this problem also happen on mx53 qsb?