[U-Boot] AM335x Boot Device 6 (NAND?)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Nov 11 10:10:41 CET 2014

Hi Tom,

we have equipped some of our am335x boards (draco from mainline U-Boot)
with NAND devices from Hynix. And as it seems, the BootROM passes
now a different bootdevice number to SPL. Its not 5 as it used to be
for NAND but 6 instead. So SPL hangs of course as this boot-device is
not "supported".

Could you please let me know what this boot-device == 6 means /
represents? Should it be handled identical as the "normal" NAND
boot-device (5)?

Just to make this clear. This is the code that I'm referring to:

arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap-common/boot-common.c:

	/*
	 * rom_params can be type casted to omap_boot_parameters and
	 * used. But it not correct to assume that romcode structure
	 * encoding would be same as u-boot. So use the defined offsets.
	 */
	gd->arch.omap_boot_params.omap_bootdevice = boot_device =
				   *((u8 *)(rom_params + BOOT_DEVICE_OFFSET));

BTW: U-Boot can handle this Hynix NAND (same layout as the other NAND
chips we use) without any problems.

Thanks,
Stefan