[U-Boot] Query on CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 13 21:53:28 CET 2014

Dear Victor Ascroft,

In message <5464DC59.2040707 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am working with a Cortex A5 Freescale Vybrid Processor. Since a thumb build leads to a saving of almost 1 MB for my u-boot image and consequently to faster serial downloads I have been looking at this. Currently enabling this option leads to a hang.

Saving 1 MB?  So how big is your U-Boot image, then?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is important to note that probably no large operating system using
current design  technology  can  withstand  a  determined  and  well-
coordinated  attack,  and that most such documented penetrations have
been remarkably easy.
- B. Hebbard, "A Penetration Analysis of the Michigan Terminal System",
Operating Systems Review, Vol. 14, No. 1, June 1980, pp. 7-20