[U-Boot] Memory test post relocation

DaveKucharczyk david.kucharczyk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:54:20 CET 2014

Albert ARIBAUD (U-Boot) wrote
> No, that's not where it'll be; it'll relocate as high as it can.

I guess that's the confusing part. When I run with debug on I get the
following log. Halfway down it reports "Now running in RAM - U-Boot at:
eff89000", but there are still initcall's to lower memory after that. So I'm
thinking lower memory is still used at that point. Am I wrong?

I did try a mem test starting at the lowest address and it worked, but I
would like to understand why the initcall's to low-mem after relocation.
The mem test essentially erases those addresses, so initcall's to those
addresses are suspect at that point.

Albert ARIBAUD (U-Boot) wrote
> If you happen to have an SPL running from some RAM and not from DDR,
> then you could perform the full DDR test there. .

I think the mx53 has internal sram, which is why we were able to run fully
from there before, since we had set CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT. I tried
setting CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT, but nothing works with that set.