[U-Boot] Query on CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sat Nov 15 13:30:33 CET 2014

Hello Simon,

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 18:56:07 -0700, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>
wrote:

> > I believe you've built crt0.S for ARM, not Thumb.
>
> Yes, but I suspect that is a function of the build system. I checked
> the rest of U-Boot and most of it (including SPL) is Thumb 2. I
> suppose we could use Thumb 2 for crt0.S if all the instructions are
> supported.

Ok. Just in case, I'll run a check on whether crt0.S can be assembled
for Thumb and still wrk as expected. :)

Do you have a list of source files which still build for ARM under
CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD? I' would prefer all of the code to be thumb for
consistence, except probably... exception :) entry points -- and even
these should be able to run in full Thumb 2.

> Regards,
> Simon

Amicalement,
--