[U-Boot] buildman reports error of script/binutils-version.sh

York Sun yorksun at freescale.com
Sat Nov 22 00:36:29 CET 2014

Simon,

Shall we consider host error to be an error reported by buildman? I happen to
try a newer version of toolchain from Linaro. Buildman reports this error

+../scripts/binutils-version.sh: line 20: printf: 09: invalid octal number

The root cause is this version of AS reports version string differently

GNU assembler (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1-4.9-2014.09 - Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.09)
2.24.0.20140829 Linaro 2014.09

It has "Linaro 2014.09" at the back, so script/binutils-version.sh cannot parse
it correctly (the error is not handling zero-leading numbers, but not in the
scope of this discussion).

Another angle of this question is, why do we need this script? It doesn't sound
stable to me to parse the version string this way.

York