[U-Boot] qemu-system-arm segfaults on zynq_zed

Douglas Rupp douglas.b.rupp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:24:14 CET 2014

For versatilepb arm, there's a blog post that describes a recipe of how to
build and boot "uboot.bin" in qemu.  It works fine, here's the link if
you're interested.
https://balau82.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/u-boot-for-arm-on-qemu/

I assumed that uboot was standardized enough so that it would work the same
for other machine/board emulations. I'd like to understand why it's not
working.

The problem I'm trying to solve is to configure networking in uboot for the
xilinx-zynq-a9 bsp for vxworks7 running under qemu.  Vxworks7 uses uboot
where 6.9 didn't, and the default device tree isn't set correctly for my
network, it just has some random defaults that are expected to be
customized.  The alternative is to use real hardware, which should work
well enough for debugging but in general it's much easier to debug and run
tests in qemu especially when working remotely.

So any ideas you might have on what's special about zynq utboot would be
appreciated.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Sören Brinkmann <soren.brinkmann at xilinx.com