[U-Boot] ARM: PSCI 0.1 vs 0.2

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Fri Nov 28 11:05:49 CET 2014

On 28/11/14 08:52, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2014-11-10 14:36, Marc Zyngier wrote:

>>> Ah, cool - parameters and return values of, say, CPU_ON/OFF are
>>> compatible across both versions?
>>
>> That was the idea of the spec (broadly compatible across revisions...).
>
> There is one major problem with v0.2, though, and I bet this also
> applies to the ARMv8 implementation:
>
> v0.2 mandates that the firmware provides SYSTEM_RESET - that's rather
> simple - and SYSTEM_OFF. The latter seems non-trivial for the sunxi as
> the power controller is attached via i2c. I guess that will be quite a
> bit of code in the PSCI monitor for a feature that already works fine
> for Linux with v0.1. Or am I missing something?

I seem to remember that you're allowed to return something like "Not
Implemented" (of course, I could be wrong).

But even that is not that hard. I'm pretty sure the i2c pins can be
switched to be GPIOs, and bit-banging i2c is not too difficult (see
drivers/i2c/algos/i2c-algo-bit.c).

I was hoping for something slightly simpler though...

Thanks,

	M.