[U-Boot] converting BeagleBone Black to use config_distro_bootcmd

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Thu Oct 2 00:35:36 CEST 2014

I've been working on standardizing the u-boot builds in Debian, and one
platform I've been working on moving over to config_distro_defaults is
the BeagleBone Black...

In doing so, it took some moderate modification of
config_distro_defaults to allow changing some hard-coded values, and
implementing support for importing uEnv.txt files, and supporting
alternate boot partitions.

I've worked on trying to keep the default behavior for the BeagleBone
Black and other platforms that use am335x_evm.h relatively unchanged,
though I don't really have the other platforms to test.

Haven't yet figured out u-boot's patch submission guidelines, and while
I tried to maintain the existing coding style, checkpatch.pl produces
quite a few errors on the patchset. If someone would be willing to help
me get the patchset into shape for proper submission, that would be
great.

For the moment, the patches are available here:

  http://cascadia.debian.net/~vagrant/bootcmd-am335x/

Thanks!

live well,
  vagrant