[U-Boot] [FAT/EXT4/SANDBOX] files > 2GB

Suriyan Ramasami suriyan.r at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:07:52 CEST 2014

Hello,
   I recently saw a post about fat commands such as fatls returning
-ve values under u-boot for files whose sizes are >=2GB. fatsize would
also not set up filesize in this case.

   This also effects ext4/sandbox commands. I just looked at the ones
which are handled by fs/fs.c

    I am thinking of cleaning this up a bit.

    My question is, is there some kind of preexisting automated test
that I can build into u-boot which adds a command which does the test
for me?
For example, it could use the FS/read/write commands to create files
with some pattern that it knows of, reads them for various sizes to
check if they are correct etc. Same procedure for the [FS]size command
as well.

   I do have made the changes to correct the behavior. The code change
touches the [FS]read part of the code, hence, I want to test it
extensively to assure me that I haven't broken anything else.
  I am nervous about the sandbox related code as I do not know how to
even use them!

Thanks for your help
- Suriyan