[U-Boot] Discussion topics / issues

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 10 14:22:29 CEST 2014

Dear Pavel,

In message <20141009230004.GA25685 at amd> you wrote:

> > [1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches
>
> It should really go into tree.

If you think so...

> It does not mention puts() vs. printf(), if it is indeed meant to be
> u-boot policy.

This is not just U-Boot philosophy, but something that I would
consider a matter of course when writing code - using the appropriate
tools for the task at hand.  If all you want to do is sendout a
constant string to the utput device, there is no need to invoke a
function that provides fancy formatting options.

Don't we always try to use the smallest, most efficient tool that is
suited for a task?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what  time
it is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.