[U-Boot] Relocation issue - need help!

Dirk Eibach dirk.eibach at gdsys.cc
Thu Oct 23 15:42:24 CEST 2014

Hello Wolfgang,

> Given that GCC 4.9.1 apparently solves this issue I wonder which
> approach we should take?
>
> Should we blacklist GCC 4.8.x (and 4.9.0) like the kernel folks are
> doing [1] ?
>
> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/10/10/272

question is: what are the gcc folks going to do with the relro stuff?
It seems the sections are not used in 4.9.1, but will this be true for
future releases? If we are not absolutely sure they will not be used
anymore, adding them to the linker scripts is probably the best
option. Anybody with deeper gcc insights following this thread?

Cheers
Dirk