[U-Boot] Regression with ubifs initialization

Andrew Ruder andrew.ruder at elecsyscorp.com
Mon Oct 27 15:45:16 CET 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:33:00PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > It appears that 2014.10 has some issues with UBIFS initialization
> > (details at bottom).  git-bisect results in one of the following commits
> > being broken.  Surely it is the mtd one, but its parent commit
> > (compat.h) does not compile.
>
> Which board are you talking about?

I have a board with a PXA270 and NOR flash.  I am happy to submit the
patches which add the board support, but they aren't really ready and
cleaned up for submission.

> And which toolchain(s) are/have you been using to build U-Boot?

A crosstools-ng compiled gcc 4.8.2.

Would be interested to know if this is expected behavior:

a.) erase flash partition
b.) Call out erased partition as a ubi partition
c.) ubi triggers a initialization.

Because if so, that seems to no longer happen and it blindly attempts to
use the erased flash as valid ubi data.

- Andy