[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Przemyslaw Marczak p.marczak at samsung.com
Wed Sep 3 18:56:20 CEST 2014

Hello Detlev,

On 08/11/2014 05:48 PM, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
> Hello Detlev,
>
> On 01/13/2014 06:12 PM, Detlev Zundel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as already indicated, we are looking forward to our next U-Boot Mini
>> Summit at Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2014 which will take place in
>> Düsseldorf, Germany from October 13 - 15.
>>
>> The call for papers of the main conference is now open[1] and if you
>> want to submit a talk for the main tracks, you should note the deadline
>> of July 11.
>>
>> For our U-Boot Mini Summit, I'd like to get the schedule completed
>> synchronized to the schedule release of the main event, which is August
>> 12.  So please submit talk proposals here with at least me on CC.
>>
>> To coordinate the event better, I have setup another wiki page[2] that
>> can and _should_ be edited by the interested parties.  Feel free for
>> example to add yourself to the "interested participants" so that we get
>> an idea of how many of the U-Boot developers will be there.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>    Detlev
>>
>> [1]
>> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/program/cfp
>>
>> [2] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2014
>>

> Tomorrow is the last day of submitting the talk proposals for U-Boot
> Mini Summit, but there was no response for your e-mail and also there
> are no topics on the wiki site.
>
> So, will be there only an open discussion?
>
> Some time ago I've send a RFC:
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2014-May/179241.html
>
> It was about PMIC/POWER framework rework - but I didn't have a time to
> work on it.
>
> Simon Glass has done a lot of work by introducing driver model to serial
> and gpio last time, and I would like to rework PMIC drivers and pmic
> framework using the DM.
>
> So, can I reserve about 30min slot for a discussion?
>
> Best Regards,

I am sending my late abstract:

"Power(full) framework based on Driver Model - discussion"

Abstract:

There are lots of various Power Management IC's in the Embedded Systems
nowadays. Each can provide the same functionality, like a voltage
regulators, chargers, signal switches and some more - which are usually
driven in a device specific way.

Beside the battery state, the current PMIC framework provides registers
read/write operations only. So the user is obligated to check the
documentation and set a specific value of some register to change the
state of any regulator.

To solve the problem with driving common functionality - the Driver
Model can be used.

The aim of this discussion is to present author's conception about how
to use the Driver Model, and get the feedback from the listeners
to introduce a common and functional framework architecture.

I suppose that I will need about 30 minutes for this discussion.

Best Regards.
--
Przemyslaw Marczak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland