[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Alexey Brodkin Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com
Thu Sep 18 10:52:12 CEST 2014

Hi Detlev,

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 18:56 +0200, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
> Hello Detlev,
>
> On 08/11/2014 05:48 PM, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
> > Hello Detlev,
> >
> > On 01/13/2014 06:12 PM, Detlev Zundel wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> as already indicated, we are looking forward to our next U-Boot Mini
> >> Summit at Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2014 which will take place in
> >> Düsseldorf, Germany from October 13 - 15.
> >>
> >> The call for papers of the main conference is now open[1] and if you
> >> want to submit a talk for the main tracks, you should note the deadline
> >> of July 11.
> >>
> >> For our U-Boot Mini Summit, I'd like to get the schedule completed
> >> synchronized to the schedule release of the main event, which is August
> >> 12.  So please submit talk proposals here with at least me on CC.
> >>
> >> To coordinate the event better, I have setup another wiki page[2] that
> >> can and _should_ be edited by the interested parties.  Feel free for
> >> example to add yourself to the "interested participants" so that we get
> >> an idea of how many of the U-Boot developers will be there.
> >>
> >> Best wishes
> >>    Detlev

Sorry for my late input on this regard.
But if there's still a possibility to have another talk I'd like to
propose mine "ARC - new first-class citizen in U-Boot" (which was
declined for main ELCE2014 event).

Abstract is in-lined below.

===================
U-Boot is a de-facto standard bootloader for Linux-driven embedded
systems. It provides flexible means for loading kernel and if required
image of filesystem from different media be it embedded non-volatile
memory, attached storage or even network share. Linux kernel was ported
to DesignWare ARC a while ago and starting from version 3.9 the port was
accepted upstream. Now to enable real-life device booting on custom
hardware decision was made to port U-Boot for ARC. This presentation
unveils reasons to start the project, highlights milestones passed
during porting process, touches some pitfalls and encourages more
engineers and companies to use and contribute to U-Boot project.

I'm not sure if this kind of speech is of any interest for existing
U-boot developers, but I may indeed emphasize technical aspects now.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Regards,
Alexey