[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Thu Sep 11 07:18:00 CEST 2014

Hi Michal,

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:56:04 +0200
Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/11/2014 05:09 AM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 01:33:20 +0200
> > Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'd be interested in maintaining u-boot-socfpga repository. So far, we don't
> >> have a repo for this platform and there is a large flurry of patches flying
> >> around without any kind of central point for them. I'd like to get your formal
> >> consent for starting this and if you agree, I'd start sending PR to Albert once
> >> the repo is in place.
> >

> > Me too.  I'd like to own u-boot-uniphier to collect Panasonic-SoC-specific changes.
> >
> > That would be faster and would not disturb Albert.
> >

> I am not sure if you need to have separate repo to work like this.
> I am keeping zynq patches in my microblaze repo and sending pull request to Albert
> (or Tom now) and there is no problem with that.

The point is that you collect Zynq-specific patches in your own place by yourself
and then send a pull-req to Albert or Tom, right?

It does not matter whether it is a separate u-boot-zynq repo or
u-boot-microbraze/zynq branch.

I have sent the first series to add the core support of Panasonic SoCs
and boards (but it is taking much longer than I have expected)
and then I am planning to send more features and boards in the next phase.

What's the difference between what I want to do for Panasonic SoCs
and what you usually do for Zynq SoCs?

> Alberts know that and it is working quite well. It is enough to talk to him
> and that's it.
> In socfpga case I think there are guys from Altera who maintain it.

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada