[U-Boot] u-boot-socfpga repository

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 11 09:46:18 CEST 2014

Dear Michal,

In message <54112B64.5010104 at monstr.eu> you wrote:

> I am not sure if you need to have separate repo to work like this.
> I am keeping zynq patches in my microblaze repo and sending pull request
> to Albert
> (or Tom now) and there is no problem with that.

Well, technically of course this works, but it is far from perfect.
It works only for those who actually know about this.  But anybody
looking at the U-Boot site for any zynq related stuff will have hard
times to find it.

I think it is much better to make this knowledge public information -
and one easy way to do this is to have a separate repository for it,
which is listed on the custodians page, so everybody looking for it
will find all relevant information.

> In socfpga case I think there are guys from Altera who maintain it.

Well, they maintain the stuff at rocketboards.org ; there are efforts
on the way to mainline stuff, but the process is not exactly
satisfactory.  I highly appreciate that Marek volunteers to put
efforts in this.

As far as I am concerned, I support both Marek's and Masahiro's
requests.

@ Marek and Masahiro: if we reach an agreement to create such repos,
	please send me your SSH public keys that shall be used for
	these.  Also, what should the names be - u-boot-socfpga ?
	And u-boot-uniphier ? [But is there not a chance that Pana-
	sonic might have other SoCs that might be mainlines?  So
	maybe we should use u-boot-panasonic instead?]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Laughter and tears are meant to turn the wheels of the same machinery
of sensibility; one is wind-power, and the other water-power.
                                          - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.