[U-Boot] Need help with u-boot problem with usb-keyboard / kvm switch

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Thu Sep 18 03:38:01 CEST 2014

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 09:29:07 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On 09/17/2014 12:11 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi Marek, et al,
> >
> > I'm working on cleaning up Luc's hdmi out support patchset for
> > sunxi.
> >
> > As part of this I want to also add support for usb keyboards,
> > so as to get a full console without needing to solder wires
> > to testpoints on some boards :)
> >
> > So when I plug in the usb coming from my kvm I get this:
> >
> > (Re)start USB...
> > USB0:   USB EHCI 1.00
> > scanning bus 0 for devices... EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80
> > 3 USB Device(s) found
> >
> >        scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
> >
> > And the usb keyboard does not work.
> >
> > If I plug in a single usb-2 hub (no ohci support for sunxi in u-boot
> > yet), then things do work, but after a few minutes of inactivity the
> > usb code starts spamming the console with:
> >
> > EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80
> > EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x80008c80
> >
> > Could this be a problem with the phy settings (iow a sunxi specific
> > problem)?
>
> Probably not.
>
> We've seen the same thing on SABRE Lite and Nitrogen6X boards.

I agree, this happens. Which controller and driver do you use on the Sunxi
hardware?

btw you can check if this is a cache issue by disabling dcache (set
CONFIG_CMD_CACHE in the config and use 'dcache off' before 'usb start'). You can
also patch the arch/arm/lib/cache-cp15.c functions to do additional alignment
checks (always a good idea) , just like I did that in
arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/cache.c

Best regards,
Marek Vasut