[U-Boot] U-Boot panasonic repo

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Sep 27 15:00:13 CEST 2014

Dear Masahiro,

In message <CAMhH57Rx8VLZ9fL6OXeyJMWwnSKTg36dTERENm0YVQcLPRuqVg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to push to the newly-created u-boot-uniphier repo
> but I am in trouble.
>
> masahiro at oscar:~/workspace/u-boot-uniphier$ git push ssh://gu-uniphier@git.denx.de/u-boot-uniphier.git
> remote: error: By default, updating the current branch in a non-bare repository
> remote: error: is denied, because it will make the index and work tree
> inconsistent

I recommend to always explicitly tell which branch you are trying to
push where.

For example, if your local branch which you are preparing for a pull
request is "for-upstream", then your push command would look like
this:

git push ssh://gu-uniphier@git.denx.de/u-boot-uniphier for-upstream:master

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is your destiny.                                     - Darth Vader