[U-Boot] switching to single .config configuration issues

Hanna Hawa hannah at marvell.com
Mon Apr 27 15:43:22 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the latest u-boot 2015.04 trying to rebase my repository to latest code.
And I have question regarding patch e02ee2548afe (kconfig: switch to single .config configuration)

Issues that I face in the current solution (single .config):
For my usage most of the CONFIG options will not supported in the SPL, we need the SPL very tiny and most of the CONFIG will be enabled in the u-boot, need to undef/disable(set=n) for every CONFIG in scripts/Makefile.uncmd_spl/ include/config_uncmd_spl.h
Also for future usage if we want to delete the defines of the commands from the include file and move it to defconfig file, then need to undef them in the SPL code.

Do you planning for another solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Hanna