[U-Boot] SPL with DM for serial

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Aug 3 19:20:16 CEST 2015

+Marek

Hi Michal,

On 3 August 2015 at 09:35, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I am playing with SPL for U-Boot with DM serial driver for OF_CONTROL
> and without. Can you please tell me what's the status on SPL in
> connection to DM?
> Definitely it is not just about enabling it via Kconfig.

It's in very early stages. The rockchip series uses it and I believe
Marek is using it for socfpga.

You will need to add u-boot,dm-pre-reloc to your console node that
that the DT has that node. See u-boot-dm/rockchip-working for what
happens there. Use fdtdump on your u-boot-spl.dtb to check that it has
what is needed.

Also, enabling DEBUG_UART is a good idea.

Regards,
Simon