[U-Boot] [ELCE 2015][Presentation] Proposal for U-boot Mini Summit presentation

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Tue Aug 11 10:45:09 CEST 2015

Dear All,

Please assess if the following presentation is suitable for the 2015
U-boot Mini Summit held at ELCE2015.

__Title__

"Automated Test System - build blocks"

__Abstract__

Assuring software quality and avoiding regressions is not a trivial
task. Instead of relying solely on build tests, one can setup automated
test system running tests on the final hardware. This presentation is
going to shed some light on the daunting task of creating low-cost,
automated test system build with of-the-shelf components. Lukasz in his
talk will provide rationale for key design decisions and share his
“war-stories”. This presentation is covering key aspects of the system
design; including low-level power control, dedicated Linux server
setup, tests scheduling and results visualization. The test system has
already been deployed and struggles to detect bugs before code is
submitted to tizen.org and u-boot-dfu repositories.

__Duration__

30 minutes

Since I'm not yet registered at ELCE2015 (and the number of free seats
is shrinking rapidly) I would like to ask for prompt decision if this
presentation may be interesting for the u-boot community.

More specifically, it needs to be added to official Agenda in [1]. Only
then I could start process for ELCE2015 registration.

[1] - http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/SummitELCE2015

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group