[U-Boot] regarding u-boot ethernet support for TFTP boot in Banana pi R1 (Lamobo R1)

ramki982 ramki982 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:26:13 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I've successfully compiled and running u-boot on the Bananapi R1 board using
the instructions in http://linux-sunxi.org/Mainline_U-boot#Compile_U-Boot

This board uses a BCM 53125 ethernet chip

4+1 ports 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 (BCM 53125),
WLAN @802.11b/g/n (RTL8192CU) with 2x external antennas connectors

But when I any try to run any NETWORK related command - i'm getting a "No
Link". I do have the ip add, gateway addr, net mask etc set as environment
variables.

sunxi# ping 192.168.10.1
ethernet at 01c50000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete.........
TIMEOUT !
ethernet at 01c50000: No link.
ping failed; host 192.168.10.1 is not alive

Could someone help me to understand if the above issue can be fixed by any
config changes ?

thanks
Ram