[U-Boot] Building Uboot for Nios2 - linker not found on Linux environment

Dave Williams dave.williams.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:56:42 CEST 2015

To solve the problem of not finding the linker - I had to set the
CROSS_COMPILE
environment variable using these bash commands.

> CROSS_COMPILE=nios2-elf-
> export CROSS_COMPILE

Running make - the build completed with no errors.

THIS WAS fully documented in the README file starting at line 4929.
So I fully deserve a "RTFM idiot" comment and Kudos to the writer(s) of the
Uboot README file.

Dave