[U-Boot] commit 620776d causes TFTP error: 'Unsupported option(s) requested' (8)

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:58:58 CEST 2015

Hi Pavel,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel at denx.de> wrote:
> On Tue 2015-08-25 10:25:35, Bin Meng wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> With latest u-boot/master, TFTP is seriously broken.
>
> Sorry about that.
>
>> => tftp 100000 bzImage
>> Speed: 100, full duplex
>> Using pch_gbe device
>> TFTP from server 10.10.0.8; our IP address is 10.10.0.100; sending
>> through gateway 10.10.0.1
>> Filename 'bzImage'.
>> Load address: 0x100000
>> TFTP error: 'Unsupported option(s) requested' (8)
>> Starting again
>>
>> git bisect shows the following commit broke the TFTP
>
> I was not intentionally changing the packets being sent.
>
> Could you try to capture tcpdump, including contents of packet,
> ideally in both working and broken sessions?

Yep, I will do that. I also tested a tftpd Windows server
(http://tftpd32.jounin.net) and it looks that this Windows server is
immune to this commit.

> Could you try setting
>
> -#define TIMEOUT                5000UL
> +#define TIMEOUT                100UL
>
> in net/tftp.c to something like 1000UL?

Could you please elaborate more on what this commit is trying to fix,
or improve? From the commit message, I don't quite understand "With 5
seconds timeout, 10 retries maximum, tftp is impossible even on local
network with single full-speed TCP connection".

Regards,
Bin