[U-Boot] Periodic task

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:03:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

I need to do some periodic very simple task during u-boot prompt
(while u-boot wais for commands). The task is very simple, just
writing into a watchdog refresh register.
But it seems that it's very difficult to "hack" u-boot with such periodic task.
I see that main loop is waiting in loop for characters in a call to
getc, which is a blocking command. If it was non-blocking, it might
have help me. I'm not sure if there is a way to replace the getc with
a non-blocking call.

Does anyone have any idea if there is some simple way to do periodic
task in u-boot  ?

Regards,

Ran