[U-Boot] DWMMC crontroller in Exynos4412

Jaehoon Chung jh80.chung at samsung.com
Wed Aug 26 08:23:31 CEST 2015

On 08/26/2015 11:26 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
> +Samsung people
>
> Hi,
>
> On 25 August 2015 at 13:10, Humberto López León <humberto at uclv.cu> wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>> I'm working on implementing a driver for SD/MMC cards in the framework
>> GenodeOS. I think you could help me with your experience in this type of
>> implementation in the u-boot.
>> The hardware platform on which the driver will work is a ODROID-x2
>> (exynos4412). I use the DWMMC contoller, but I'm not sure if this is the
>> right controller to handle SD/MMC cards in Exynos4412 SoC. The SDHCI
>> controller is most appropriate?

If you're using exynos4412 board, you can choose sdhci or dwmmc controller for eMMC, not SD/SDIO.
And in my experiment, dwmmc controller is more appropriate than sdhci.(ex, performance)

>> Thank you for your help
>
> I'm not really sure - the compatible string for that node is:
>
> compatible = "samsung,exynos4412-dw-mshc";
>
> which is different from what exynos5 uses.

As i know, Some register are difference..but i know it doesn't implemented for those registers at u-boot side.
If it should be implemented for upper mode than DDR50, it needs to check the compatible.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung