[U-Boot] Exynos 5800/5422 CPU ID inconsistency.

Przemyslaw Marczak p.marczak at samsung.com
Wed Aug 26 15:09:58 CEST 2015

Hello,

The s5p_cpu_id variable is set in here:
arch/arm/mach-exynos/include/mach/cpu.h

For value 0x422, found in pro id register, the s5p_cpu_id is set as
0x5800. I think, that hiding the real info is wrong and misleading.

I don't have documentation for E5800, but maybe there is some additional
register like package id to recognise the SoC variant.

I'm pointing this issue, because for older boards, we used this
information to set the $fdtfile environment variable name, to next load
proper fdt from partition before boot the kernel.

Now, I would like use the s5p_cpu_id to set the fdtfile name for Odroid
XU3/4, but the value is bad.

I would like fix this value to the real one, but then, the CPU name will
change on Chromebooks.

To fix this we could add "cpu-name" property to device tree, and then
print it.

What do you think about this?

Przemyslaw Marczak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland