[U-Boot] valid RAM region on a 256MB fails occasionally

harsha kiran kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com
Mon Aug 31 17:31:48 CEST 2015

i found the problem..

The first stage bootloader has initialized the mmu unit and since the second
stage is running on an already initialized RAM, the RAM test still sees data
outside physical address and hence thinks it to be 1GB.

When it tries to relocate itself into this address range, it fails and
resets.

I dont see a problem if i hardcode my RAM size to 256 << 20 for the 2nd
stage u-boot.bin. But I will try to read the value of the RAM from the chip
itself..

-Harsha