[U-Boot] mmc erase fails from U-Boot command line

Eric Nelson eric at nelint.com
Tue Dec 1 20:05:36 CET 2015

Hi all,

On 11/16/2015 08:30 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Hector,
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I will try to test this on other sabresd boards next week.
>>
>> I tested this on other mx6qsabresd board I have and I could see the error.
>>
>> The board that failed is revC2
>
> Boards revC2 and revC4 failed. (Both are TO1.2)
>
> Board revB (with TO1.1) works fine.

I've also recently seen this on two different custom boards. Both are
running i.MX6Q TO1.2 and both are using eMMC from Micron.

The code which is generating the error message:

	http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c;h=c5054d66bdcda029f0485958c87bd5154ccee591;hb=HEAD#l390

Seems to refer to an errata for the i.MX35 (ENGcm03648):
	http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/errata/IMX35CE.pdf

I don't see any reference to the errata in the i.MX6 docs.

Ignoring the error (removing the return statement) seems to leave things
in a workable state, so I suspect the problem isn't with an insufficient
timeout.

Regards,

Eric