[U-Boot] mmc erase fails from U-Boot command line

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:23:16 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Eric Nelson <eric at nelint.com> wrote:

> I've also recently seen this on two different custom boards. Both are
> running i.MX6Q TO1.2 and both are using eMMC from Micron.

One colleague of mine tested eMMC erasure on a mx6qsabresd revC5 board
with a eMMC from Micron and it worked fine.

So far I see:

revB and revC5: works
revC2 and revC4: don't work

> The code which is generating the error message:
>
>         http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c;h=c5054d66bdcda029f0485958c87bd5154ccee591;hb=HEAD#l390
>
> Seems to refer to an errata for the i.MX35 (ENGcm03648):
>         http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/errata/IMX35CE.pdf
>
> I don't see any reference to the errata in the i.MX6 docs.

This piece of code came from:
7a5b80297bc6cef ("mmc: fsl_esdhc: Poll until card is not busy anymore")

Yes, ENGcm03648 is not listed in mx6 errata document.

> Ignoring the error (removing the return statement) seems to leave things
> in a workable state, so I suspect the problem isn't with an insufficient
> timeout.

May I see your change, please?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam