[U-Boot] Zynq Zybo booting with mainline U-Boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Feb 3 06:00:25 CET 2015

Hi,

I have one of boards and would like to get mainline U-Boot booting on it.

I have followed the instructions for creating a BOOT.BIN file comprised of:

- boot.elf
- .bit file
- u-boot.elf

and putting it on a a micro-SD card.

This works OK with the diligent master branch from github. I can boot normally.

However this is 2013.10. Mainline U-Boot uses device tree so
presumably the elf file does not work. I expect we need to use
u-boot-dtb.bin.

However since this is not an elf file I'm not sure how to build the
image using the 'Create Zynq Boot Image' tool.

I don't see any instructions in REAME.zynq about how to create an SD card.

Any pointers please?

Regards,
Simon