[U-Boot] Hang when enabling DCache on a iMX6 board

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Tue Feb 3 19:39:16 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm currently porting the SECO iMX6 uQ7 board to mainline, but I'm
facing a hang when enabling DCache (CONFIG_SYS_DCACHE_OFF undefined).
Last week I asked on the #u-boot chan if anybody already encountered
such a bug, and someone (named malik) suggested to check my DDR timings.

After a few more tests and checks I decided to port my changes to an
older version (2014.04), and it apparently works.
I haven't bisected to find the exact commit that makes it fails yet,
but before doing that I'd like to know if anyone else already
experienced this kind of problem, or has any idea of what could cause
this.

Here is my public repository containing two branches [1], the
seco-mainline branch contains my port based on the master branch and
the seco-2014.04 contains the same work based on the 2014.04 tag.

Best Regards,

Boris

[1]https://github.com/bbrezillon/u-boot-seco

--