[U-Boot] How to have U-boot loading U-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 4 19:35:19 CET 2015

Dear Jean-Christophe Lallemand,

In message <9FDDF58442D8154DBF9BB9A68CE7AD9CEC6E3F1A91 at CHUCK.dvlt.local> you wrote:

> I've stumbled upon SPL in my search for a good solution but my impression was that all the image loading stuff and therefore validation was not in there.

So add it?

> So I thought that would solve half of my problems but create new ones and having a plain u-boot loading another u-boot would perhaps be a better approach.

I doubt that.  You would have to run two different builds and/or
modify the build process; instead you can have it all done in a simgle
build, in a standard and community-supported way.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."