[U-Boot] bootvx command: flush cache not working properly

Rami Meiran rami_m at rad.com
Thu Feb 12 13:59:07 CET 2015

Hello all,
I have a board with CPU powerpc-p1015 and DDR RAM. I am using VxWorks application executed in the following way:

1.       The application load is saved on NOR flash.

2.       The application is copied to RAM with: "cp.l $source_address $dest_address  $size"

3.       Then the application is executed with "bootvx"

I experience a problem that sometimes a section of the load (8 longs ) is not copied to RAM. It seems that this section remain in the data cache.
When I add "flush_dcache" after the copy, the problem is resolved .
The "bootvx" command already calls the "flush_dcache" but for some reason it is not enough.

Any insight about this problem?

Thanks, Rami Meiran