[U-Boot] u-boot sunxi fel plan for v2015.04

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:43:04 CET 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:50:49 -0500
Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 09:19:08AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Hi Siarhei and Simon,
> >
> > I'm wondering what the plan is wrt sunxi FEL booting for u-boot
> > v2015.04 I know that you both have been working on this, and I
> > think that for v2015.04 Simon's latest set probably is the best
> > way forward for now, we're going to need parts of that set
> > anyways for the more complete solution Siarhei has.
> >
> > we could replace the patch adding all the #ifdef's to start.S
> > with code saving / restoring PCR15 and friends, that would be
> > more cleaner.
> >
> > So I see 2 ways forwards for v2014.05
> >
> > 1) Go with Simon's latest set as is.
> > 2) Take the first patches from Simon's set and replace the
> > on adding he #ifdef's to start.S with one saving / restoring
> > the necessary regs
> >
> > I've a slight preference for 2. Siarhei, can you perhaps prepare
> > a patch-set for 2 for merging for v2014.05 ?
>
> And when everyone is happy I'll take it via the sunxi tree (And try and
> see about giving it a spin on my Lime2).  Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying this.

Simon, could you please confirm that you are not going to do anything
anymore with the third patch from your sunxi FEL fixes set?

Hans, could you please queue Simon's patches in the sunxi next branch
just like Tom suggested (and after the status of the third patch becomes
more clear)?

If I don't get any response in a few hours, I will just assume that
the third Simon's patch is to be kept as-is and submit additional
patches to be applied on top of it.

We are not exactly losing time. The sunxi FEL patches are getting
additional testing every day by me and also by other people (thanks
Karsten!). But missing the -rc2 release would not be great.

Thanks to everyone for doing a great job. The FEL mode support is
going to be much better than before.

Siarhei Siamashka