[U-Boot] Question about Arndale Octa board (Exynos 5420) and HYP mode

Fabio Canigliula f.canigliula at studenti.unina.it
Tue Feb 17 21:10:39 CET 2015

Hello,

I have a Samsung Exynos 5420 Arndale Octa Board and I am trying to run Xen
4.5 on it.
I have successfully managed to configure and patch XEN and the kernel for
the board.
The problem is that XEN doesn't match the correct CPU mode for its boot.

-------------XEN early debug-----------------
Starting kernel ...

- UART enabled -
- CPU 00000000 booting -
- Xen must be entered in NS Hyp mode -
- Boot failed -

As far as I know, the only currently working U-Boot for the octa board is a
signed 2012.07 version which starts the booting CPU in a NS SVC mode. I
patched it, adding all the modules needed to bring the CPU to HYP mode, as
in:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-September/163019.html

However, CPU does not seem to switch properly to HYP mode, as it hangs on
an assembly instruction (hvc #0) when calling the function
_switch_to_hyp(), just like in:
http://markmail.org/thread/dhiknm25xfbsrlo6

I am than asking you if there is something I can do to overcome this
problem or if there is someone working on it who can help me out. Any help
or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
F.C.