[U-Boot] How to program u-boot in eMMC/MMC on iMX

Marco Cavallini cavallini.koan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:16:20 CET 2015

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Marco Cavallini
> <cavallini.koan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Marco,

>>> You should flash u-boot.sd, not u-boot.sb.
>>>
>>> Please check doc/README.mxs on how to generate u-boot.sd.
>>

>> Hi Fabio,
>> I did the following steps on the host
>> $ make u-boot.sb
>> $ ./tools/mxsboot sd u-boot.sb u-boot.sd
>>
>> then in u-boot
>>> loady    (load u-boot.sd with ymodem)
>>> mmc write ${loadaddr} 0 ${filesize}
>>
>> but at reboot no output on serial port.
>> Maybe do I need to format the eMMC before?
>
> The eMMC is handled as a SD Card so yes you need the partitioning, the
> label and all same things you need in the SD. Check the README about
> the partitioning details.
>
> --
> Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
> http://www.ossystems.com.br        http://code.ossystems.com.br
> Mobile: +55 (53) 9981-7854            Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750

Hi Otavio,
so I need to clarify my question:

Does exists a method to store a u-boot bootolader in an unpartitioned
unformatted eMMC (without kobs-ng, so without using linux), but simply
running a command from u-boot?

So in case I have only USB-OTG as connection method to my board I am
forced to use MfgTools?

TIA
--
Marco