[U-Boot] u-boot on raspberry 2: booting in SVC secure mode

Vincent vincent.siles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:30:44 CET 2015

Hi,
as explained here http://community.arm.com/message/25127, it is possible to
boot the raspberry 2 in secure mode, by adding the kernel_old=1 option in
config.txt. The main effects of this option are:
- all 4 cores start executing in secure SVC mode instead of non-secure SVC
mode
- all 4 cores start at 0x0000 instead of 0x8000
- the initial boot code that setup SMP and exits secure mode is not
executed

After browsing u-boot's source code, it seems that their boot code is more
or less extracted from what u-boot is doing. However I didn't manage to
compile u-boot for the raspberry 2 supporting this secure mode.

Could anyone explain me what options I need to configure in rpi_2_defconfig
so that u-boot supports secure boot for the raspberry 2 and what the boot
sequence will be in this case ? I don't mind fixing the code if necessary
but I'm a bit lost in the order of events in the initialization.

Best,
Vincent