[U-Boot] btrfs?

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:38:26 CET 2015

I’m attempting to run a version of Arch Linux ARM on the Beagle Bone Black (and some similar devices), using a btrfs root file system.

Lots of Googling hasn’t produced a good answer whether this is viable, and if so, how. Would appreciate input.

I came across this patch but it might be unmaintained? https://github.com/falstaff84/u-boot/commit/cf83cc04bab4aa1bc802cfca8f33f2e4d71d7ea2 <https://github.com/falstaff84/u-boot/commit/cf83cc04bab4aa1bc802cfca8f33f2e4d71d7ea2>

Alternatively, is there a way I could create an ext4 /boot partition that holds the kernel, which is being pointed to the root partition? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks,

Johannes.