[U-Boot] MIPS UHI spec

Paul Burton paul.burton at imgtec.com
Thu Feb 26 11:17:39 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:50:23PM +0000, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> The spec for MIPS Unified Hosting Interface is available here:
>
> http://prplfoundation.org/wiki/MIPS_documentation
>
> As we have previously discussed, this is an ideal place to
> define the handover of device tree data from bootloader to
> kernel. Using a0 == -2 and defining which register(s) you
> need for the actual data will fit nicely. I'll happily
> include whatever is decided into the next version of the spec.

(CC +Andrew, Ezequiel, James, James)

On the talk of DT handover, this recent patchset adding support for a
system doing so to Linux is relevant:

    http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2015-02/msg00312.html

I'm also working on a system for which I'll need to implement DT
handover very soon. It would be very nice if we could agree on some
standard way of doing so (and eventually if the code on the Linux side
can be generic enough to allow a multiplatform kernel).

Thanks,
    Paul