[U-Boot] u-boot on raspberry pi with fw_printenv/fw_setenv

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Tue Jan 6 13:08:48 CET 2015

Hi Developers,

I am looking for a way to change u-boot environment from Linux
on a Raspberry PI. I have fw_printenv/fw_setenv, but I have no clue
how the config file looks like, when using uboot.env as a file on
the first vfat partition. I am not sure, but it looks like there
is no code to use fw_printenv/fw_setenv with files.

rpi.h from git sets:
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE                 SZ_16K
#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT
#define FAT_ENV_INTERFACE               "mmc"
#define FAT_ENV_DEVICE_AND_PART         "0:1"
#define FAT_ENV_FILE                    "uboot.env"

This works fine when I use savenv inside of u-boot shell.

What do I miss?

best regards
 Waldemar