[U-Boot] New i.MX board

Wally Yeh wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com
Sat Jan 10 00:35:10 CET 2015

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently bringing up a new i.MX6q based board.
>
> I've got u-boot working, but its clear that a lot of the iMX stuff is still using the old configuration system.
>
> is the latest iMX stuff in u-boot mainline yet? if not, where should I be looking / what is considered a 'model platform', so that I can publish the best possible support for my board?
>
> Would more work to move stuff to Kconfig be helpful? or is this in-hand somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ian

Hi, Ian:
    What version is your u-boot version? there's some git repository
you can try:
        1. git://git.denx.de/u-boot-imx.git
            -  which maintained by Stefano Babic, merged imx related
code with mainline u-boot.
        2. https://github.com/Freescale/u-boot-fslc.git
            -  which matained by Otavio Salvador, have every branch in
mainline(2009.07 - 2014.07, 2014.10, 2015.01 etc...) with i.mx related
patches.

    Since i.mx6q pcie is supported in Otavio's git repository branch
"patches-2014.10", I think u-boot-fslc is support i.mx6q very well
now, it booting into kernel only spend 0.3~0.5s.

    If you have question which i.mx related, maybe you can also send
mail to meta-freescale to ask them.

regards,
Wally