[U-Boot] New i.MX board

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sat Jan 10 13:34:04 CET 2015

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Wally Yeh <wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm currently bringing up a new i.MX6q based board.
>>
>> I've got u-boot working, but its clear that a lot of the iMX stuff is still using the old configuration system.
>>
>> is the latest iMX stuff in u-boot mainline yet? if not, where should I be looking / what is considered a 'model platform', so that I can publish the best possible support for my board?
>>
>> Would more work to move stuff to Kconfig be helpful? or is this in-hand somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Ian
>
> Hi, Ian:
>     What version is your u-boot version? there's some git repository
> you can try:
>         1. git://git.denx.de/u-boot-imx.git
>             -  which maintained by Stefano Babic, merged imx related
> code with mainline u-boot.
>         2. https://github.com/Freescale/u-boot-fslc.git
>             -  which matained by Otavio Salvador, have every branch in
> mainline(2009.07 - 2014.07, 2014.10, 2015.01 etc...) with i.mx related
> patches.
>
>     Since i.mx6q pcie is supported in Otavio's git repository branch
> "patches-2014.10", I think u-boot-fslc is support i.mx6q very well
> now, it booting into kernel only spend 0.3~0.5s.
>
>     If you have question which i.mx related, maybe you can also send
> mail to meta-freescale to ask them.

Just for clearness...

Please rely on U-Boot i.MX for it. The U-Boot FSLC tree is used to
carry backports of development version over the current released one,
plus Yocto Project BSP's specific patches like environment minor
adjustments and like.

If you see the patches we are applying on top of upcoming 2015.01,
they are only:

5d396c3 wandboard: Changed mmcroot variable so kernel 3.10.31 boots
c6d9bf7 iMX6: Change mmcroot to use fixed mmc block index for USDHC
be9a741 embestmx6boards: Change default bootenv configuration
ea9b369 wandboard: Use 32bit color depth for Fusion LCD
8e88da8 mx6sabresd: Use LDO dtb file until LDO bypass support is added
7d0f155 mx6slevk: Use LDO dtb file until LDO bypass support is added
dcd7ac3 mx6sabresd: Use mmcblk0 for CONFIG_MMCROOT

So it is really minor changes, nothing big.