[U-Boot] New i.MX board

Ian Molton imolton at ad-holdings.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 10:48:00 CET 2015

On 10/01/15 12:34, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Wally Yeh
>> <wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com> wrote:

> I think u-boot-fslc is support i.mx6q very well now, it booting into
>  kernel only spend 0.3~0.5s.
>
> If you have question which i.mx related, maybe you can also send mail
> to meta-freescale to ask them. Just for clearness...
>
> Please rely on U-Boot i.MX for it

Clear as mud, chaps :-)

I presume fslc is "mainline", as in git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

This is what I've use thus far and it seems to work well, except a small
problem with PCIe

What is u-boot i.mx? googling didn't enlighten me.

This comment worries me:

> The U-Boot FSLC tree is used to carry backports of development
> version over the current released one.

This suggests that u-boot i.imx is using fslc as a dumping ground for
stuff they don't want to maintain, rather than treating it as an
upstream with which to merge patches. I hope this is not the case? The
distinction is subtle, so perhaps I've just misunderstood?

Who is doing the backports? and why is fslc considered "behind" ?

-Ian