[U-Boot] Fwd: u-boot.img size limit for spl fat load ?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jan 19 10:51:43 CET 2015

Hello Ayoub,

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:35:56 +0100, Ayoub Zaki
<ayoub.zaki at googlemail.com> wrote:
>   Hello Albert,
>
>   First tank you so much for inversting your time for replying.
>
>   I put some printf in the code and SPL is hanging in spl_load_image_fat
> function.
>
>   I also enable the DEBUG messages here the complete log file :
>
>   http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=BwUJXDDb
>   So I suspect that SPL is not allocating enough memory to load u-boot.img
>   but I can't find where this size limit is set and where I can change it.

This could be an explanation, but so could be loading the U-Boot image
over SPL BSS if it resides in DDR, or SPL malloc'ed data; and I guess
that if the U-Boot image file size was smaller than a hard-coded limit,
there would be a warning or even an error.

Can you check CONFIG_SPL_BSS_* and CONFIG_SYS_SPL_MALLOC_* definitions
against CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE and file size?

>   Cheers,
>
>   Ayoub

Amicalement,
--