[U-Boot] Odroid XU3 - exynos5422 - SPL - iRAM/sRAM address

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 10:54:31 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 15:29 -0800, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Kevin Hilman <khilman at kernel.org> wrote:
> > Suriyan Ramasami <suriyan.r at gmail.com> writes:

> I am currently working only on the XU3 (I thought there was no
> interest, so I let it slide). I probably should say that the Exynos
> secure firmware support needs to be tweaked in U-Boot. Maybe other
> SoCs are supported? I am not sure.

Thanks for the update!

> > Also, I'm still a bit unsure where the switch from secure to NS world
> > happens.  Is that in BL1? or somewhere in BL2?  If it's in BL2, have you
> > tried switching secure mode off?
> >

> I know for sure that the signed BL2 does switch from Hyp to NS. This
> BL2 that I am referring to is HK's nomenclature, which translates to
> BL1 (SPL) in UBoot lingo. Hence, this adds some confusion in the
> discussions!

It does!. What i was wondering if there would be potential to get a
signed BL2 which does *not* do the switch to the NS world, such that an
unsigned chain-loaded SPL could (optionally) do that.

> The blobs are as follows: (possibly listed in the HK web pages)
> BL0 (signed encrypted blob from Samsung).
> This loads HK's signed BL2 (this is U-Boot SPL)
> This loads U-Boot (U-Boot BL2) and the Trustzone
>
> Also, no matter what mode the odroid xu3 is in, the linux kernel from
> what I can tell depending on the secure-firmware dts entry (which is
> present) will use the NS + 1c area when powering on the CPU. Hence,
> its mandatory to have code there.

Well this is something we can tune as required in case it would be
possible to start linux in both secure and NS mode.

--
Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk>
Collabora Ltd.