[U-Boot] Odroid XU3 - exynos5422 - SPL - iRAM/sRAM address

Kevin Hilman khilman at kernel.org
Thu Jan 22 01:54:05 CET 2015

Hi Surijan,

Suriyan Ramasami <suriyan.r at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Sjoerd Simons,
>    A signed BL2 which allows unsigned BL2 chain load is already
> available for experimentation. Refer this link:
> http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=6147#p58984
> The suriyan.bl2-hkxu3.1212.5422.zip blob contains a signed BL2 which
> allows the same.
>
> The layout of SD card is as follows:
>
> BL1 (1 to 30) 15K
> BL2 (31 to 62) 16K
> indicator block (63 to 64) 1K
> uboot (65 to 2112) 1M
> tzsw (2113 to 2624) 256K
> unsigned BL2 (2625 to 2656) 16K
>
> A non zero in the first byte of the indicator block instructs the
> signed BL2 to load the unsigned BL2 @ offset 2625.

I took the binaries from your .zip file above and put them on the SD
card for my odroid-xu3 at the offsets above.  I'm using BL1 and TZSW
from the u-boot-hardkernel release[1] and using u-boot-dtb.bin from
my own mainline u-boot build which inclues the odroid-xu3 patches.

If I leave the indicator block zero'd, everything works fine, and it
boots my version of mainline u-boot without any problems.

If I then write a non-zero value to the first byte of the indicator
block and write your unsigned BL2 at the appropriate offset, it no
longer boots.  Is the unsigned BL2 supposed to boot u-boot at offset 65
when it's finished as well?

How are you debugging your SPL images?

I tried adding CONFIG_SPL_SERIAL_SUPPORT so I could printf from SPL, but
that doesn't compile because it seems that libfdt support is needed.

Kevin

[1] branch odroidxu3-v2012.07 from https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git
    has pre-built binaries that support u-boot size up to 1M in the
    sd_fuse/hardkernel_1mb_uboot  directory.