[U-Boot] [v3 10/10] spi: cadence_qspi: add device tree binding doc

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Jul 2 12:12:01 CEST 2015

Hi Vikas,

On 01.07.2015 00:57, Vikas MANOCHA wrote:
>>> +Cadence QSPI controller device tree bindings
>>> +--------------------------------------------
>>> +
>>> +Required properties:
>>> +- compatible           : should be "cadence,qspi".
>>> +- reg                  : 1.Physical base address and size of SPI registers map.
>>> +                         2. Physical base address & size of NOR Flash.
>>> +- clocks               : Clock phandles (see clock bindings for details).
>>> +- sram-size            : spi controller sram size.
>>
>> ? bus-num
>
> It is not being used in the cadence_qspi driver but used on socfpga
> arch to distinguish between different spi peripherals.
>
> Stefan,
> Can you please comment about it. It is ok to remove it from
> "arch/arm/dts/socfpga.dtsi"

Not sure. Why do we need to remove it? I would prefer to keep it as its
know to work this way.

BTW: We need to re-sync with the Linux Cadence QSPI NOR driver at some
time. At least in regard to the device-tree properties. The driver has
been posted for quite some time now. And I hope it will be accepted
soon. And as you can see from [1] the bindings / properties differ a bit
from our currently used ones. So once this driver is accepted in
kernel.org, we need to re-sync the bindings / dts files again.

Thanks,
Stefan

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.mtd/58159